Thursday, June 9, 2011

Knit-a-long: Frog Body + show & tell

First, I have to show off my yarn bowl:


I love it.  My mom bought it for me at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival, last month.  It's from Greenbridge Pottery in Dayton, MD.  They have bunches of beautiful pieces, but this was the first time I'd heard of a yarn bowl.  My working ball of yarn stays securely inside, and feeds to me as I need it, instead of rolling across the floor, gathering dust bunnies.  AND I can put a lid on it when I walk away, instead of leaving my yarn at the mercy of the cat. Love it.

Here we are, now... knitting up the body of the frog side of this toy.  After a couple of knit rounds, there's a purl round, which will later serve as your turning edge, leaving a nice, neat hem.



Pretty simple so far. Just like a little baby hat:


Do remember to leave tails at the cast on (for whipstitching a hem), and a tail at the top, which will stitch on his little, froggy head.

No comments:

Post a Comment