Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Frog Legs

I-cord with 3 stitches.
 I'm sure my knitting friends know how to do an I-cord... but I'll tell you anyway.  On a double-pointed needle, knit across 2, 3 or 4 stitches, instead of turning the work, just slide it down to the other end of the dpn (double-pointed needle).  Bring the yarn around back -- tightly, and knit across.  Repeat.  This forms a tube.

I-cord

A yarn-end woven in for each toe!
 It was simple and really quite brilliant, the way the frog's toes were created.  Just knittting in front and back of a stitch to add one, then picking up another needle and starting a 2-stitch I-cord for a toe, leaving the other stitches hanging out on the first dpn until you're ready to make toes out of them, too.
Embroidered face and legs attached.
Knitting the legs and toes made me think of a Pencil Plant.  I'd like to design a knitted version; you could shape it with pipe cleaners inside the I-cord tubes...

You couldn't neglect a knitted house plant...

No comments:

Post a Comment