Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oven-roasted sweet potatoes

Served over rice with crumbled bacon.
Well over a month. Wow. Well, I'm keeping it simple as I dip my toes back into the blogging world. It doesn't get much easier than this!

And I won't bore you with all the details of what's been keeping me busy.

Okay, maybe I will just a little (it's all good stuff):

I got to spend a child-free (Thanks Gma & Gpa!!) weekend in Chicago with this guy:

On the Ferris wheel at Navy Pier.
...for a really fun wedding (Thanks and CONGRATS Caroline & Steve!!):
Don't ask how many gin & tonics I'd had at this point ;)

I've been crafty as all get-out...
Pattern here.

Re-usable sandwich & snack bags from this online tutorial.

A cardigan I knit.
And of course, the kids started school! They're doing great. Second grade, kindergarten and nursery school. (I can barely say that out loud.)

Now, on to the super-simple recipe. Quick -- before another month passes me by!


Ingredients

4 medium sweet potatoes, 3/4" cubes (about 4 c.); organic, so you don't have to peel!
2 TB coconut oil (vegetable oil works, too)
2 TB maple syrup
1 TB soy sauce
1 tsp minced, fresh ginger
1 large clove garlic, minced
pinch of black pepper

Can be prepped early in the day; cover or store in ziplock bag and refrigerate until ready to roast. Toss all ingredients and spread out on a half sheet pan.


Roast in a preheated 400 degree oven until tender and browned (30-45 minutes), stirring at least once during cooking. Serve as a side or over rice with crumbled bacon on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment